Re: using IoTivity on Mac

Clarke Stevens <Clarke.Stevens@...>

Zinho,

I’m glad you’re planning to use IoTivity for your project.

I am a Mac user myself, so I can tell you what I do.

IoTivity works on a few operating systems, but Linux is probably the most used. I have used it successfully on a few Linux platforms including Ubuntu, Raspbian and a version on Qualcomm Dragon boards. However, I have not put much effort to get it to work natively on MacOS in the last couple of years. Theoretically, it should work. What I currently do is run a virtual machine on my Mac and run Ubuntu on that VM.

If you would like to spend some time to get it to run on MacOS, I’d be happy to try to help. Some other contributors on this list might be willing to help as well.

I don’t know much about Kubernetes, so maybe somebody else can speak up and answer your question there.

Also, we have active groups in Korea, so you might be able to get additional help there.

Thanks,
-Clarke

On Jul 26, 2020, at 11:58 PM, zinho9 <bogpig21@...> wrote:

hi, I 'm zinho from Korea.

I'd like to use IoTivity for my graduating project.
I have two questions about iotivity.

First one is, I'm using Mac book right now, and I saw 'IoTivity doesn't support Mac OS' on IoTivity site.
Is there any solution about using IoTivity on Mac OS?

Second one is, I'd like to use Kubernetes (k8s) with IoTivity.
cloning code from git -> write codes on .sh files -> deploy on k8s
is that right? or... If anyone who can tell me the correct answers... please reply my question..

thank you for reading my question.

Join iotivity-dev@iotivity.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.