Topics

OCF Native Cloud for IoT gateway?

elizabethnathaniaw93@...

Hello.
I want to make my Raspberry Pi as an IoT gateway. So, in my case: the Iotivity client will send a request to this gateway instead of direct to the Iotivity server, vice versa.
Then I found about OCF Native Cloud. Regarding this documentation https://wiki.iotivity.org/doku.php?id=coapnativecloud and this https://openconnectivity.org/specs/OCF_2.1.0_Specification_Overview.pdf (page 60-76), this cloud can act as a gateway? So can I make my Raspberry Pi as an IoT gateway with this API/function? Please correct me if I misunderstood the concept.
And I found the implementation in Iotivity API for the cloud on Iotivity GitHub (https://github.com/iotivity/iotivity). But can't find in Iotivity lite 2.0.5. Is it because not applied yet or remove it to make it lightweight for a constrained device?
Thanks.

Harishkm

Hi,

AFAIK OCF native cloud was implementation for cloud only where both client and server communicates to each other through cloud securely. I am not sure how it can play a role of gateway. Probably Ondrej can shed more light on this.

Regards,

Harish Kumara M

Title : [dev] OCF Native Cloud for IoT gateway?

[...]

Clarke Stevens

We have gateway specifications for ZigBee, Z-Wave, BlueTooth, Haier/U+, AllJoyn, oneM2M and EnOcean. I’m thinking any of those specifications might be good reference (or maybe even directly applicable depending on what is on the other side of the gateway).

-Clarke

On Feb 6, 2020, at 11:33 PM, Harishkm via Groups.Io <h.marappa@...> wrote:

[...]

<201602111742151_N3WZA6X7.png>

Ondrej Tomcik

Hello guys,

Elizabeth, question is what you want to achieve with your IoT Gateway. The fact is that the OCF Native Cloud - https://github.com/go-ocf/ should be able to run on the Raspi so you can have kind of a home-cloud instance. But I am not sure if this is what you really want.

So please describe more what you’re trying to achieve, so we can point you to the right direction.

Best,

Ondrej Tomcik :: KISTLER :: measure, analyze, innovate

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail is privileged and confidential and for the use of the addressee only. Should you have received this e-mail in error please notify us by replying directly to the sender or by sending a message to info@.... Unauthorised dissemination, disclosure or copying of the contents of this e-mail, or any similar action, is prohibited.